Currently there is limited discussion on the use of MOOCs (Massively Open Online Courses) for organisational or employee learning. Given that MOOCs are being dubbed a game changer in the academic world, Learning Café did some thinking and made this call:
MOOCs (Massively Open Online Courses) can be a mainstream employee learning option. It offers cost effective solutions for organisations with the benefits far outweighing the challenges. L&D/HR need to be proactive in exploring and including MOOCs in learning strategies.
To back this call, Learning Café formed a working group – MOOCs@Work comprising of experienced learning practitioners from leading organisations including Suncorp, QBE, IAG, Red Cross Blood Services, Royal Australasian College of Physicians etc. The working group has been hard at work exploring, developing a framework and methodology for effective deployment for employee learning.
This online webinar presents the work done so far and provides direction for Learning/HR who are considering including MOOCs as an employee development. Webinar covers:
- A framework to deploy MOOCs for employee learning as part of the learning strategy and design.
- How NBNCo plans to incorporate MOOCs in their learning strategy and processes.
- The fours scenarios of how using MOOCs for employee learning will play out.
- Panel discussion on the opportunities and challenges of using MOOCs for employee learning.
- Tim Drinkall – General Manager Enterprise Training at NBNCo Limited – Tim has over 18 years leadership experience in Learning & OD for organisations such as Telstra, AGL and Origin.
- Michelle Ockers – National Supply Chain Technical Capability Manager at Coca-Cola Amatil – Michelle is an experienced Learning professional, with depth in learning strategy and program development and implementation, project management, stakeholder management and change management.
- John Forrest – Director of Extreme Impacts and Allestis. John is a serial entrepreneur recognised for his expertise in scenario planning.
- Jeevan Joshi – Founder – Learning Cafe & Director – Client Solutions Director Upside Learning. Jeevan is an experienced Learning and HR practitioner who is passionate about enhancing the capabilities of Learning professions and the digitisation of the Learning function.
(1) Reader Comment
November 25, 2011
September 30, 2011
October 03, 2011
November 14, 2011
I'm sorry I missed this webinar... I partecipated an interesting exper
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever wo
Please add your comments during the webinar. The comments are not bein
Hello, I am unable to view the recording 'moocs at work'. I sign in
Taking my own MOOC as an illustration, when the course website opens t